Saturday, June 26, 2010

Inspiration

Lately many people have been asking me how did I get into makeup, or what inspired me to do my fan page/blog. Basically it took a long way to get up here, and I still have a long way to go. I started wearing makeup when I was in 8th grade. I pretty much only wore eyeliner, and maybe a little bit of mascara. As I got into high school, I started to wear more makeup such as, eye shadow, lip gloss, face powder, etc. When I entered my junior year of high school I saw myself, and my makeup collection growing. I wanted to do certain looks but I wasn't 100% sure how to achieve them, so I went to YouTube for advice.


I searched for makeup tips, and the first video that came up was from, JuicyStar07. I watched Blair's(JuicyStar07) videos, and loved everyone of them. I then started to find other gurus who also had makeup channels, such as Allthatglitters21, MakeupByLeinaBaaaby, DulceCandy 87, JLovesMac1, and soooo many more! From there on I was hooked. I noticed my makeup was advancing, and I was finding which products were good, and which ones were bad.


After watching almost 3 years of beauty related YouTube videos I wanted to get my stuff out there too. I'm not so much a camera person so I decided to create my own fan page on Facebook; Makeup By Brittany.( http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bayonne-NJ/Makeup-By-Brittany/114612301902145 ) I never thought anyone would join it, but they did. My page now has over 200 fans. Also when I started the page, I began to free lance. The fan page opened up many opportunities for me. All of the guru's on Youtube really taught me what I needed to know, and inspired me to go forth with my fan page, and blog. I'm very happy where my page as taken me. I'm now defiantly looking towards becoming a professional makeup artist in the future. Thanks for reading (:


Love,
Brittany

2 comments:

  1. my best friend truly is amazing! shes my person guru haha! ull see her on youtube one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol thankss, even though I doubt I'll do video's. Maybe one dayy (: hha

    ReplyDelete